Sunday, March 16, 2008

All Or None Law

It is time to get going again (in certain sense) after the two months break I had given to myself. This is to say that the time and energy available (or created) after the routine stuff to be devoted to something big I am aiming for. The infrastructure has considerably improved (don't count the cracks in every room or termite, frogs, reptiles, insects - our cohabitat in the quarter) compared to the first major work I took up in 2004 in a 1BR flat that I got after joining. The dining cum drawing space was my study as well as bedroom for my mother. How often I disturbed her sleep working past midnight in my PC. Like every other mother she was more concerned about me, my health rather than her own and always encouraged. Now we are in a 3BR acco., with a separate study for myself. Net connection has also improved! Time to set a new challenge. 2009 October is one such deadline for a major goal which will be a test of fire. Also there are few semi-major goals to achieve at different points of 2008 and 2009. It requires me to be calm, collected and my concentration level need to be few dB higher.

I try to believe in “If you give, give your all”, a kind of all or none law, when comes to matter of heart, matter of choice (you may find that from the posts made here). Intensity comes from remaining focussed. Hence, as a new week begins tomorrow, it is time to sign off from this blog space and few other extra academic engagements (Dept. society is one of them) for the time being. Shall come back in appropriate time.

Let me correct few facts before bidding adieu : This blog is not to hurt anyone or cast aspersions on anybody or any practice. Who am I to do that? The purpose had been to try my part in removing the asymmetry that is there in information dissemination. This is to make more options available to the people to exercise their choices.

To the IIT student in particular, and youth of India in general I can only say, you are too good. When I was like you (I am nearly double in age) I was much more boring and not as multi faceted as you are now. If I visit your homepage, orkut space or read google catch line, I find that what is on surface is only one-twelfth of you and eleven-twelfth is under water. You are much more than what you present before us. The only thing that haunts me – with such a potential like yours, does our country deserve to be where it is now? Can we not do something together – think big, dream big and then execute it with professional expertise? If we don’t, who will?

Let me reintroduce you from your own space in public domain which I truly admire.

‘About Me’ in orkut :

#All that is gold does not glitter,/Not all those who wander are lost;/The old that is strong does not wither,/Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#Ever told your child,/We'll do it tomorrow?/And in your haste,/Not see his sorrow?/
When you run so fast to get somewhere,/You miss half the fun of getting there./When you worry and hurry through your day,/It is like an unopened gift..../hrown away. /
Life is not a race./Do take it slower./Hear the music;Before the song is over.

#I am very amibitious but at the same time afraid of failures.I am ambivert and a bit gullible so i make my friends carefully.

#I am a die-hard optimist. I see the best in every person, every situation,no matter how dire the circumstances are. … I believe in mathematical realism.

# I am crazy(my real frnd says),i am silly(My parents says) ..I'm funny(M I?),I m Introvert(My wingies say) ,I m cute (sum1says) ,I am brave( I think). Iam sweet(I say)...I am loud(its a lie)... i m eye catcher ( one of my gr8 frnd saya) i'm cheereul(believe me)..i am opinionated(sumtime)..i'm energetic(chk me if u r not))..i'm annoying(hahaha hidden cali)...i'm fun..i'm utgoing...sometimes...I AM NOT everything...I WISH I COULD BE!! but i'm everything i need to be...I AM JUST ME...and I LIKE IT LIKE THAT...:)
[We (me and author above) have explicit enmity but may be some mutual respect, too :)]

# Recently got my brain scanned and the report said :"The left part has nothing right in it, while the right one nothing left in it."

# Zindagi hai choti, har pal mein khush raho...Office me khush raho, ghar mein khush raho...Aaj paneer nahi hai, dal mein hi khush raho...Aaj gym jane ka samay nahi, do kadam chal ke hi khush raho...Aaj Dosto ka sath nahi, TV dekh ke hi khush raho...Ghar ja nahi sakte to phone kar ke hi khush raho...Aaj koi naraaz hai, uske iss andaz mein bhi khush raho...Jise dekh nahi sakte uski awaz mein hi khush raho...Jise paa nahi sakte uski yaad mein hi khush rahoLaptop na mila to kya, Desktop mein hi khush raho...Bita hua kal ja chuka hai, usse meethi yaadein hai, unme hi khush raho...aane wale pal ka pata nahi... sapno mein hi khush raho...Haste haste ye pal bitaenge, aaj mein hi khush rahoZindagi hai choti, har pal mein khush raho. i belive inEnjoing every moment of my life.

#I'm an eternal optimist...I would rather assume the best in people and be disappointed.

Your introduction at orkut :

*probably India's Nobel hope for the next 2 decades. His ridiculous perseverance regarding acads is countered by his vast interest in xtra curriculars including carnatic music, quiz and so on... he's basically an introvert on the outside and an extrovert on the inside..

* a soft spoken,a movie database,luks of a shariff bachcha wid specs, always lik 2 laugh a lot, & also mak d friends around 2 laugh wid him

*Extremely hardworking might be doing assignment when i m writing this for him......./one of those few people who love to live life by FEEL.

*he'd study 24 hours, to be at the top.that's why he got the IIT.

*he is da guy whom i have always admired he would be studyin in da night nd wouldnt even know dat its mornin.

Your passion :

#passionate in everything if its interesting

#to excel in the things i venture into

#Anything except the Mess food !!

Quote from your homepage :

*"The process of scientific discovery is , in effect, a continual flight from wonder." - Albert Einstein

*Logic is not born in castes or sects. Take a stand before you fall.

*Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

*Shiv Khera Winners don't do different things, they do things differently.
Swami Vikekananda Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success and, above all, love.

Your google catch line :

#Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving...............Albert Einstein

#you reached for the secret too soon... you cried for the moon

#Wanna trade??? peace of mind up for sale for fame, fortune and money.

#It's hard enough to write a good drama, it's much harder to write a good comedy, and it's hardest of all to write a drama with comedy. Which is what life is. - Jack Lemmon

#Complexity is the symptom of confusion, not the cause.

#i'll b the one to protect u from a will to survive and a voice of reason.

That's it for now. Spent the day attending a religious function in Community Hall, Prembazar, organized by disciples of Swami Swarupananda. Popular as 'Babamani', he emphasized on two things. (i) Work in right spirit is the only worship. Rest is not 'not doing anything' but to move from one work to other that breaks monotony, if any (ii) Character building movement is the movement that should precede every other movement political, economical, social etc. Any movement, if not done by people of character is bound to fail.

Spent the evening with my school friend who is paying a brief visit to KGP, looking back at those fun days - when sky was more blue, the water clearer, the birds used to sing more beautiful songs ....

--- Bye for now, friends, see you later here ---

No comments: